Below, are listed some useful techniques to use when searching the database.
Using the Search box in the upper right hand corner, enter the surname of the person you are looking for then press the magnifying glass icon. This will search:
- Burial Records – It will search the name fields for any occurrences containing the input string
- Gallery and Inscriptions – It will search the inscriptions fields and keywords
Enter the required information into the fields in the left hand search panel window and press the ‘Search Button. Please note:
- Year Fields – Two boxes are provided to allow searching between the two values, or just enter the year in the first box if it is known.
- Grave Section and Grave Number – Performs an exact match.
- Dropdown Boxes – Allow you to select an option
- Use the clear button to reset the search page.
- If any information has been entered in the Quick search box it will use also be used in the search.
The Advanced search box can be accessed by clicking on the drop down arrow, next to the small cog in the upper right hand corner of the window. Select ‘Advanced Search’ to bring up the full search form.
Every field is fully searchable and includes a drop down list to allow advanced methods such as ‘Contains’, ‘Equals’, ‘Starts with’, ‘More than’, ‘Less than’, ‘Between’, ‘Empty’ and ‘Is not empty’.
Once all the search parameters have been entered, click the search button